Thursday, December 27, 2007

Whoa, Canada!

Headed to LGA early Saturday morning (read: 4 AM) to head home to Canada. The 200 person lineup at security took its time and in the end, I had to jump the queue to make my 6:30 flight. A little hectic... That said, my flight left on-time (that's a first for Air Canada) and I landed in Toronto by 8.

After a brief nap, I headed out and put down about 13 miles. It's been a while since I've done some real winter running so it was actually a bit of a nice treat. I worked my way through a group of different Toronto neighbourhoods and ran past a bunch of my old digs, so that was great. Didn't make excellent time... it's really tough to get moving with snow under foot. In the end, got home, had a nice dinner with the family and watched a movie -- nice way to start the holiday!

Have spent the past few days taking it easy, catching up with friends and family and going for the occasional short run. Headed up to a local bikeshop yesterday and was scoping out the 2008 Cervelos... Right now, I'm planning on picking up a new ride in April (when the IRS hopefully returns a bunch of cash to me). So the debate is between the P2C and the P2 SL. The jump in price is huge, but the all-carbon frame is really enticing.

Anyway, now that the festivities are slowing down a bit, it's time to dig in and take advantage of the flexibility of my vacation. Headed to my old pool today. Water was way too warm but that's how it goes sometimes. Off to the gym in a few for a spin. Will try to get another workout in tomorrow before heading down to Waterloo to visit my grandparents. Then, come Saturday, I have to put down my first 15-miler in ... well a very long time. Ocean Drive is getting ever closer so I really have to build this base up quickly (although quick base building is probably an oxymoron...).

No comments: