Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Good people

Saturday was chilly, but not too bad so I decided to head out for a 3-hour ride. Figured that I might not have too many more outdoor rides left this winter. Ended up fluctuating between -2 and 2 ÂșC most of the morning and the wind wasn't too rough, so I was happy.

Put down the first 30 miles on my own and then caught up with another rider who I stuck with for most of the ride. Really nice guy named Jeff Chou who actually has his own cycling blog central park 2007. Along the way, we caught up with one of Jeff's friends, Barry. Barry was a competitive cyclist in college and just retired as an engineer at Verizon. It was a pretty laid-back ride and a nice chance to meet some new cyclists.

In the last 10 miles I was feeling a little sluggish so I reached in my jersey for some gel. In doing so, I managed to knocked my iPod Shuffle out and it flew off of me onto the road. I did a quick 180 to try to find it but at 25 mph, it was gone. The Shuffle isn't too pricy but it still sucked... running with no music in winter blows.

Crazy thing, though: I woke up Sunday morning to a Facebook message from a random girl. Apparently, she and her friend had been walking the Park and came across a Shuffle. I had chosen to get my iPod engraved (it was a free service when I ordered) and, by a stroke of luck, these really nice girls had picked up my Shuffle and decided to look me up on Facebook. I'm going to meet up with one of them tomorrow before work for a quick swap. Craziness!

Good people!

No comments: