Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Venge

In an effort to become a faster cyclist--and because I've really come to love following the pro peleton--I decided that I'd spend this spring focusing on bike racing. It's been a blast so far.

And, while I was at it, I figured that I should pick up a new road rig. Check it out.

2012 Specialized S-Works Venge. Project Black (i.e. matte black carbon, limited edition). SRAM Red. Rovals with a PowerTap G3 hub built in. Built up beautifully by my buddy Dave Nazaroff over at Toga!/Gotham.

I cannot get over how amazingly well this bike rides. Great handling and feels so smooth--I swear that all of the roads in NYC were repaved over the winter. At the same time, great power transfer, stiff bottom bracket and a lot of pop (even despite my loss of bike fitness during the off-season).

The Venge waiting for pick-up over at Toga Westside.

Venge in its new home.

No comments: