Monday, May 28, 2012

Bike racing

Couldn't start this post without a quick mention of Ryder Hesjedal's huge win at the Giro. This marks the first ever Grand Tour win for Canada... and how better than to do it on a Canadian bike!



Now onto my far less exciting past few months racing bikes. With a long season ahead of me--I have my sights set on IMAZ as my A race for 2012--I decided that it would be fun (and hopefully productive) to do some bike racing early on in the year. Add some excitement to my life, createa reason for picking up a new bike and work on some bike-specific fitness.

So far this year, I've done a few races with my buddy Glenn and the rest of the Toga!/Gotham cycling team. I have focused on road racing in Central Park, namely the Spring Series and CRCA and raced in one time trial down in New Jersey. All in all, it's been a great experience. I've built a tonne of bike fitness that was sorely lacking coming out of the winter and have had a lot of fun. I have seen my teammate hit the podium a few times and perhaps most importantly I've yet to crash (knock on serious wood).

A few photos from the races.

Sprinting up the final climb of the Readington Time Trial.


My buddy Glenn cruising through the Readington TT.


Toga!/Gotham after a CRCA race. Glenn took 2nd in a field sprint.



No comments: