Sunday, April 29, 2012

Race photos from Ironman Canada

The beautiful drive up to Penticton, BC, Canada. The area is extraordinarily hilly and green.

Signing in for my fourth Ironman.

Our house up in the mountains. The house was a 40-minute drive up a switchbacked mountain road.

A view of beautiful Lake Okanagan. The swim took place right off of this beach.

The day before. Just another hot, sunny day in Penticton.

Posie and I hang out on the beach. What an amazing race companion... always keeps me calm!
Human cement mixer.
Cruising along the bike course. Sunny. Hot.
A glimpse of one of many piees of hillwork. Okanagan mountains in the background.

Slogging it through the 95F+ marathon. I look happier there than I remember.


A companion on the first few miles of the run. I'd go on to drop this guy, only to fall apart after mile 13.

More running. Toga!


Slogfest.
Posie doing her part to motivate me.


All smiles. Time for a shower, beer and long, long sleep.


No comments: