Thursday, January 17, 2008

One last change of plans... and a trip!

So, I was out on a long run and had some time to think... It donned on me that the `hardest Ironman in North America' was probably a bad first Ironman. So I think I'm canning the Silverman and choosing yet another Ironman. I have now settled on the Great Floridian. It is supposed to have fantastic race support and a great turnout. It's in Orlando which (while not the coolest place on Earth) is convenient to get to and reasonably close to the beach if I want to take a little vacation afterward. I don't think wandering around Disney World post-race will really be my cup of tea. So, that's that.

And now for my trip... I'm off to Arizona on Saturday for a nice 4-day vacation. Looking to relax, do a little training and hang out with my parents -- my dad's down there for a conference. We're staying at this pretty posh looking Marriott spa and resort so that should provide some good R&R and a fantastic place to put down some runs and swims. May even rent a beater with my dad and go for a ride.





No comments: