Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ironman Lake Placid in Pictures

Race reports can be really, really boring... so here's my Ironman Lake Placid 2010 in pictures only.

Full report is here for those who are interested.
The Adirondacks in the background. Lots of climbing ahead of me...


Our house, 79 Cascade Lane, Jay, NY.


Nice kitchen inside the house. Important for big pre-race meals.


Back patio.


Ryan's cleaned up P3.


My cleaned up P2 all ready to go.


Breakfast of champions.


Ominous clouds before the swim start. It would later end up raining while I was in the water.

Three thousand people making their way into the water.

Me, entering the water. Not sure exactly what I'm smiling about... I have 140.6 miles ahead of me.

The front pack just before the cannon.



The human cement mixer starts mixing.


Cement mixer from a distance.


Neat overhead shot of the field as it navigates the outer two buoys.



Exiting the water.

As usual, looking awful coming out of the water.




The course was lined with rivers and streams.


The route out of town at the beginning of the bike ride.



About to start 50mph descent. Trying to stay as aero as possible while still maintaining one hand on the break.



Plugging away on the out-and-back.



Getting ready to jump off the bike as I head back into town.

Run:


Running out of town. Tsk, tsk, that's some nasty heel-toe action going on... although it may be due to the downhill.



Ten yards ahead of the race leader or, more accurately, 13 miles behind. In fairness, pros get a 10-minute head start.



Quick time/pace check.



Kicking around the oval.


Crossing the tape with my hands up like a dork. I guess it beats previous races where I'm looking down at my watch.

No comments: