Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bring on the racing!

The Manhattan Half Marathon, tomorrow, marks my first race of the 2009 season. I'm still a little sluggish coming out of off-season, but am excited to lay down some miles tomorrow and gauge my fitness. For reference, this time last year I was laid up with a pretty bad case of ITBS that kept me from running for more than two months. In fact, my first race last year didn't come until the Brooklyn Half Marathon in May. So, if all goes somewhat according to plan, I should score a decent time tomorrow and be four months ahead of last year's schedule. Not a bad way to start the year, especially with Clearwater and Kona as big goals for the season.

Also, of interest, I've started to figure out the finer details of my training plan for the year. So far, I have Base 1 complete and Base 2 and Base 3 mapped out. For those who are interested:







No comments: